Just like any other business, there are a good handful of junk removal companies in the Raleigh & surrounding area to choose from. We have compiled a list of qualities customers should look for to make sure that you get the right junk removal company for you. There are a lot of fly-by-night operations out there and we don’t want anybody getting hurt or scammed.
We created this list in hopes that it will help consumers know where to start when hiring junk removal professionals and how to pick the right company. This way they get the right one.
- Customer Service – What’s that? I know, for whatever reason, nice, courteous, helpful and friendly people are hard to find when contacting or dealing with a business. It’s actually pretty sad but it seems to be a rare find. So, with this said, don’t be afraid to check out the many outlets available to research a little about the companies you are thinking about hiring. Many companies such as, Angieslist, Yelp or Google Reviews have a plethora of information about any such business. These are real customer reviews that will help you decide whether or not that particular junk removal company is going to fit well with your household. Know who you are hiring at all times.
- Pricing – Absolutely, we think you should price shop. I think you will find that most of the legitimate junk removal businesses are very much competitively priced with other junk removal companies in the same area. Beware of extremely low prices that are not attached to a Living Social or Groupon deal. There are many “companies” who like to use the bait and switch tactic. This is where they offer you a great low price (too good to be true price) over the phone but when they show up to do the job the price goes way up. They think because you already have them at your house you will just pay what they are asking to get rid of the junk you need gone. Many legitimate companies also have all their fees and surcharges posted on their website or they are very upfront about those extra costs when you call. So again, make sure you do your research and don’t be afraid to say no. Chances are another junk removal company can be at your house same day!
- Flexibility – Your time is valuable. That is why a good junk removal company should be able to work around your schedule! If getting an appointment set is too stressful because of schedule conflicts perhaps moving on to the next junk removal company is the best option. Flexibility is one key to great customer service. This means they want to bend over backwards to help you with your junk removal needs as soon as they can!
- Insurance – Remember the fly-by-night companies I was talking about earlier? This is a great reason to ALWAYS make sure the junk removal company you hire is insured, not to mention, licensed. It’s pretty simple but most consumers probably take this as a given and never ask. Too many things could go wrong which could hurt you in the end. You may be surprised at how quickly the list of choices becomes shorter.
- Cleanliness – Who wants someone walking into their house with mud-caked boots, dirty shirts from the previous job, sweaty hair, need I go on? To some, the image of a company is the most important factor on hiring them. Not only does a well-presented, well-groomed, well-mannered employee make the consumer feel safer but it makes them feel respected as a customer. McJunk wants our customers to be like family. We want them to feel happy and comfortable calling us again to help them with their next load of junk removal needs. We hope you found this information helpful. We strive to have each of these qualities in our own company and look forward to proving that to each new customer we get.
In recent years, the market has been littered with junk removal companies. It seems that anybody that had a pick-up truck was offering to take away your junk. As a consumer myself, I would trust a company that has a history of excellent customer service, well-groomed and polite employees, has flexible scheduling and convenient prices over a one-hit wonder with a pick-up truck any day!